This is the first guest post I have ever had on the blog! This one comes from my roommate Sav (you may remember her from my post on lifeguard costumes)! She writes about her experience guarding at Typhoon Lagoon. It is so much different from guarding at a resort so I wanted to have her share her opinion! It is so interesting and I can’t wait for you to read it!
5 Things You Learn as a Water Park Lifeguard
Disney is always busy in the summer, and with the weather getting into three digits… the crowds at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are at their prime. Here is a list of 5 things you should know about working at one of Disney’s water parks.
- YOU WILL NEVER HAVE DRY HAIR AGAIN! Every morning you think that today is the day you’ll come home dry and won’t smell of pure chlorine.. every morning you are wrong
- YOU NEVER STOP WALKING! Seats on your rotation are rare, so it’s not a surprise if you are standing for 10 hours straight. At first you will think you’re feet are going to fall off, then you become numb to the pain, then you start thanking yourself because you can eat as many churros as you want guilt free.
- It’s highlight not sweat, obviously.
- The faster you accept the awkward tan lines, the better. You can’t ignore them forever.
- Your coworkers will be some of the greatest people you’ll even meet, and every goodbye gets a little harder as each program comes to an end. These people will be your backbone, or dare I say “backboard”… Through every 7:30am IST, every double, and every declined ER.