I have been lucky enough to go to the spa many times but, I have only ever gotten a massage. I kind of have a variety of issues getting massages, I hate getting naked, I think the part where you flip over is really awkward and I am super ticklish so I rarely enjoy the whole thing. The last time I went to the spa I was with my mom and I was reading the spa menu and I noticed facials. I kind of knew what it would entail but not really and they were just as expensive as a massage and so I couldn’t really pull the trigger. Well now I am back in Anacortes and I couldn’t stop thinking about getting a facial.
Theres only one spa in Anacortes so it made my decision easy. I made an appointment and finally got my facial. So here are a few of my tips and what I would do if I went again (which I totally want to because it was amazing). The only time I felt any discomfort was during the peel portion, and Tara gave me a little warning that it was going to tingle and sting a bit, so I felt prepared for it. Other than that it was amazing and I would definitely recommend it if you ever get a chance!
Pre Facial Tips
- Take a shower right before you go and wash your face as normal. I am normally a night shower person so before I had my appointment I washed my face but I wish I would’ve just taken another shower
- Figure out your skin type and be ready to answer questions. I didn’t really know what to tell her when she asked me a lot of questions and that could’ve been avoided if I thought about it before I went.
- I wish I would’ve used the sauna BEFORE I got my facial.
Post Facial Tips
- Drink lots of water
- Try not to touch your face
- Don’t use any extra exfoliants or masks for a couple days
If you are in Anacortes or just curious where I got my Facial here is a link to Apothecary Spa and The Majestic!